3M Paint Protection Film
The company that invented paint protection film just reinvented it
New to Paint Protection Film?
Paint Protection Film, otherwise known as PPF or Clear Bra, is nearly invisible protection for the painted surfaces of your car. Installed to protect your car’s paint from chipping due to rocks, sand, road debris, and bug acids.
The new 3M Scotchgard™ Pro Series Paint Protection Film has:
- Unrivaled scratch and stain resistance
- Exceptional clarity
- Superior resistance to yellowing
- Self-healing technology makes most scratches disappear
- Tough, durable, and maintenance-free
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is Paint Protection Film and why do I need it?
A: Paint protection film, or “clear bra” as it is sometimes known, is one of the best ways to preserve the showroom quality finish on your vehicle. The tough, durable, virtually invisible urethane film will keep your vehicle looking newer longer without changing the design features or color, by creating a barrier and protecting vulnerable areas such as front bumpers, hoods, side mirrors, door handle cavities, door edges, rocker panels, and rear fender panels. Preserving the finish of your vehicle with paint protection film (PPF) keeps your vehicle looking newer longer and can enhance the resale value of your vehicle in the future.
Q: How does Scotchgard Paint Protection Film Pro Series compare to other paint protection films on the market today?
A: Scotchgard™ Pro Series construction provides many features, advantages, and benefits over other films. In addition, when you buy film from 3M you know you are buying a recognized brand from a trusted company with staying power.
- Exceptional clarity: Scotchgard Pro Series has low orange peel, making it one of the clearest films in the industry and virtually invisible on the vehicle.
- Unrivaled stain and scratch resistance: The revolutionary clear coat technology produces exceptional stain and scratch resistance, making it easier to clean and harder to scratch, ensuring that it keeps the vehicle looking newer, longer.
- Self-healing properties: Innovative technology allows minor scratches to disappear by themselves, keeping the film and your vehicle finish looking new.
- Excellent durability: The new formula for the Scotchgard Pro Series has superior resistance to yellowing and cracking, ensuring that your vehicle finish retains the showroom quality, color, and design features.
- Maintenance-Free: Scotchgard Pro Series film does not require any special maintenance to keep it looking great. You can wash and wax your car as you would normally.
- Industry-leading warranty: 3M offers a ten (10) year basic warranty as well as an optional paint damage warranty
Q: Where can I put Paint Protection Film on my vehicle?
A: Paint Protection Film can be professionally installed anywhere you want to protect your vehicle finish from scratches, chips, stains, and other damaging elements. Scotchgard Pro Series Paint Protection Film protects:
- Rocker panels from sand and stones kicked up by tires
- Trunk ledges from golf clubs, luggage, and strollers
- Hoods, bumpers, and mirror backs from flying gravel, bug acids, and tar
- Door handle cavities and door edges from rings, keys, belt buckles, and purses
- Full hoods, trunks, and roofs from bird droppings, and tree sap
Q: What is the warranty for Scotchgard Paint Protection Film Pro Series?
A: Our comprehensive warranty for Scotchgard Pro Series film is 10 years from the date of purchase and includes coverage against defects, yellowing, bubbling, and cracking. For the full warranty card, please click here.
Q: Is Scotchgard Pro Series Film removable?
A: Yes. The film is intended to be permanent, but can be removed without damage to the finish.